Wednesday, January 10, 2007

All About Me!




My Bio:
  • I was born and raised in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.


  • In 1989 I was married and moved to Calgary, Alberta with my husband where he began a career in banking and as a result I have moved every two years.


  • I am the mother of five beautiful children ranging in age from the youngest 7 to the oldest who is almost 17.


  • I will be turning 42 this year.


  • Outside of school I take care of my children and operate my own business as a professional picture framer and professional photographer.


  • Life is good.




Aspirations:

  • I have chosen New Media 2020 to aid me with my business so I will have the ability to create a web page to showcase my work.


  • As for goals I have many. My priority at this point in my life is complete my BFA.


  • After this I want to focus on the business for a while and eventually work as a full time artist creating fine art in a variety of mediums.


  • Finally as retirement comes nearer I would like to open a bed and breakfast with a tea room and small art gallery with beautiful flower gardens. As a creative person I am drawn to all types of creativity from gardening to interior design, painting, photography, sewing and the list goes on and one day stained glass.


  • At the end of this course I would like to feel comfortable with the programs I will be introduced to so I will have the ability to continue using the information for years to come to better my business.




Technical Skills:

  • I currently work with Photoshop CS for my digital photographic needs and have taught myself how to use the program up to this point and realize that there is alot more I could and need to know.


  • I have no experience with any of the other programs.


  • I have access to both digital still and a mini dvd camcorder.




My Favorites:

  • To be honest I am not a reader. I read only to educate myself when needed and of course I read to my children. I am a very visual and right brained individual and find that I learn best my doing. Hopefully in my next life I will be more left brained so I'm a little more balanced. Ha, ha...


  • My favorite books, that is a good one. The first book I ever really read from front cover to back cover would have to be the Celestine Prophecy it held me until the end. I also enjoyed Angela's Ashes and The Artist's Way.


  • Films: I have always loved Gone With The Wind, Mr Holland's Opus, and our family film tradition at Christmas, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.


  • I enjoy magazines as they are visual. My top three are Style At Home, Canadian Gardener and The Artist's Magazine.


No comments: