Thursday, March 1, 2007

Reading week



Reading week we decided as a family to escape Lethbridge and travel to Disneyland in Anaheim California with our five children. The holiday was great although we did experience a few "National Lampoon Vacation" moments we will always remember.

While on holiday I had the collage project in the back of my mind, and found myself in search of creative inspiration to photograph. My inspiration came one evening while we were in the "Disneyland California Adventure Park" at night. I became inspired by the colorful glow of the various lights radiating off the rides, signs, and various shops within the park. One spot in particular was a man made lake that was surrounded by several rides which created a reflected collage of color, melding and dancing together on the waters surface.

Camera in hand I set out to capture these magical lights, all the while wishing I had brought my tripod along, as it is hard to hand hold a camera and not have blurred images later.

Home, back to the routine of school, the business and motherhood. Tuesday's class inspired me to create a "grid style" collage with a few of the image I captured in the evening light while on holiday. I thought the project would come together quickly, but was surprised at how time consuming the project turned out to be in reality. Maybe it is because I chose to create the image on a larger scale, silly me...

No comments: